Monday, June 29, 2009

Blog numero uno


Hello potential readers.  This is my very first blogging experience, so please ignore my ignorance.  First I would love to give a shout out to all of my friends and family at home.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all.  I have now been in Kitale, Kenya for nearly a week.  This is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my entire life.  The people are extremely kind and hospitable.  I rejoice in their utter joy and my heart breaks in their hardship.  They are so content as a body of Christ.  They find happiness in all of the Lord's blessings, no matter how small they may be.  I pray that God continues to shape my heart and soul to better serve all of the people here.  Nothing would please me more than to come home as a young man who sees and looks for the raw beauty of Christ in others.  To help others find their value and purpose in Jesus and nothing else.  I thank God every day for the life-changing opportunity to be His hands and feet in Kenya.  I also pray that I will be able to keep coming back to this majestic place in future years and possibly even live here for a time.  Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my heart.  May the peace and Joy of Christ Jesus be with whoever is reading this.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment