Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kenya Believe I'm Back!?

Me at Oasis...

It’s so great to be back here! I instantly felt at home & I have absolutely loved seeing old friends at Oasis of Hope and throughout Kitale. Today I went to a new High School in Shimo as well as Discover to Recover. I will be spending the majority of my days at these 2 places. We have been here for nearly two weeks and each day has had something I could write about. One of my favorite moments since I’ve been here has been seeing familiar faces at Oasis. Last fall I taught some kids the Macarena and as soon as I walked on the Oasis compound several kids ran up to me gesturing for me to do it again. It was like I never left! This week, I’ll start teaching at the high school and helping out at Discover to Recover…more to come later! Love, Breanna Marie Dougherty

1 comment:

  1. BRE! Funny to find out that you are in Kenya through this blog post. makes my heart so happy that you are there. i'd love to hear how you are. email me! annienoelsmith@me.com

    ReplyDelete