Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saying 'KWAHERE' to KITALE

BY ASHLEY AUSTIN,
I have been to Ukraine with Pastor Steve twice before and this year was asked to go Kenya. It has been such an amazing experience! I am a newer nurse and have wanted to use my skills in mission work. While in Kenya I was able to work with Sister Freda, who is an amazing nurse living by faith. We did a medical clinic in the Kipsongo Slums and it was definitely eye-opening for me. I assisted with giving shots and IV medications. That day they were also testing for HIV and 10 were found positive. :( Every moment with Sister Freda was amazing. I was able to observe and assist with a woman's delivery of a beautiful baby boy.
This was a picture that Steve took in the early morning before I had brushed my hair. It is my crazy Africa look ;)

I hope someday to come back to Kitale, Kenya and continue to work with Sister Freda and the various hospitals in the area. Also while in Kenya, I fell in love with the children. I was able to work with Oasis of Hope, Shimo Secondary High School,

No comments:

Post a Comment